Product DescriptionThe Britax Advocate 70 G3 convertible car seat accommodates children rear facing from 5 to 40 pounds and forward facing from 20 to 70 pounds. The Advocate 70 G3 is purposefully designed and engineered to minimize the forward movement of your child's head during a frontal impact to reduce the risk of head injury with the following revolutionary Britax head safety technologies: Base with SafeCell Technology designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat. Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash. Energy Absorbing Versa Tether features a two point attachment and staged release tether webbing to slow the forward movement and reduce the crash forces reaching the child. HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology are affixed to the seat shell to ensure proper positioning while SafeCells compress to manage energy and provide resistance to the forward movement of your child in a crash.
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to reduce side impact crash energy by 45% by diverting crash forces away from your child and providing extra protection for the adjacent passenger
- True Side Impact Protection to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them in true or aligned
- Click and Safe Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aid that provides extra assurance when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness
- Base with SafeCell Technology designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
Britax Advocate 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat Seat, Onyx Reviews
93 of 97 people found the following review helpful
So far we are VERY happy...,
This review is from: Britax Advocate 70-G3 Convertible Car Seat Seat, Opus Gray (Baby Product)I did a lot of research before I got this car seat and this is our first Britax/convertible car seat. When we received it, it was in a box with holes in it for easy carrying. We did open everything and left it "air out" for about a week in our breezeway. It did not have a strong smell, even though it was manufactured only the month before (July), but we did it to try and "burn off" some of the toxins. The Opus Gray is scaled at "Medium" for toxins, which there aren't many of Britax car seats that are lower unless you get an infant car seat.
I was happy to see how easy it was to make it "fit" your child. We have a 8 month old (about 20lbs and 29in long), and he fits in it just fine. Now we did have to remove the padding on the straps because they don't bend well and made it impossible to strap him in correctly. I agree with another reviewer, when they said that they would not recommend a child smaller than this. I really don't see how any... Read more
I like the newer model overall, but when I started to use it with my 3.5 year old, I wasn't so much of a fan. First of all, the newer one seems to sit my little one deeper into the seat, which I am sure is better for protection, it does compromise his ability to view the world and to interact with his siblings. This of course is not the most important thing and the difference is marginal, but a little extra 1/2 inch goes a long way for little faces.
Also the new "hugs" system keeps the shoulder pads at a fixed height. When I first noticed this improvement, my first thought was "cool", but when I actually started to use it, it was obviously uncomfortable for the little guy. We ended up switching back to the older version. Being winter, the kids have coats on, and not matter how much I know that they shouldn't wear coats in their seats, in... Read more
I will never buy another brand of car seat - I am buying a new one now to replace the one that was in the crash.
› See all 110 customer reviews...